Monday, January 27, 2014

My Original Writing update

I mentioned in my first post of the year that I had goals involving completing novels. I've talked about my Battletech writing in my other blog (http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/), so I won't repeat it here. This is about my original writing.

I have three of them partially written, all three are urban fantasy, all three part of the same series and I need to finish all three of them! They are a part of a series I’m calling “Merlin’s Heir,” and the three are called Merlin’s Legacy, Merlin’s Trial, and Merlin’s Courtship. I have an idea for a fourth novel, one what would slide in between Legacy and Trial, called Merlin’s Staff, but that is in the future....

So, what does this mean?

It means that my goal is to finish first drafts of both Legacy and Trial before the end of this year, and keep anyone reading this blog up to date on my progress. That includes posting scenes from the novels and comments on the scene.As for the current status, Legacy stand at about 60,000 words, after several false starts, while Trial stands at about 30,000 words. Courtship is over 50,000 words, but I'm putting that on the back burner for now to concentrate on Legacy and Trial. 

Legacy is first up. It's fifteen chapters so far, of a projected thirty-two, but I think the number of chapters will be more like forty or more. I already see things I need to go back and fix, so I have to resist the urge to go back and start revising. It's hard, but I must continue forward.

I’m new at this, so if I don’t post as promised, it’s because I haven’t written the blog. I know I’m setting myself up for a hard year, but I need to do something to get my (mostly) fat ass in gear....

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment