I'm afraid last week was a washout, writing-wise, due to my friend's death. I managed only about 1100 words for the entire week, mostly at the end of it. Not much to add to African Firestorm. I think I'm going to have to go back and move a scene to an earlier chapter or order to make the timing work out.
But most of the writing that I did do last week was to start two new stories for the Battlecorps website. One is in a time period in the Battletech timeline I've never written in before, so I have the challenge of making it fit into the established facts. It's a challenge and one I need right now.
The other new story will be a tribute to my friend. I talked to Rob's mother late last week, and she said they think he went quickly. I hope I can do this story justice.
No Merlin's Legacy tonight. I'm going to let that sit for a while, until I plow through these other projects, then go back to it with fresh eyes.
Sorry for being so short tonight -- I need to write some before I go to bed.