Thursday, May 7, 2015

African Firestorm is an International Kindle Bestseller!


African Firestorm on the Kindle

African Firestorm for the Nook

Yes, I can say that.....African Firestorm is an International Kindle Bestseller! (The word "Kindle" is mandatory --- as Rich Chesler pointed out to me, if I was to just say "International Bestseller," people would think I was claiming African Firestorm was on the NYT bestseller list. A nice thought, but no....)

The result of the Games of Drones two-day giveaway has resulted in boosted sales for both The Poseidon Initiative and African Firestorm. Both broke into the top 20,000, and the highest rank I saw African Firestorm was #11,231 (That's out of over a million kindle books on Amazon) Right now, it's fallen to #17,701, but still, that's pretty good, still in the top 2%. It reached #82 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military category. On Amazon UK, the book is doing better ---  #15,848 and currently #62 in the Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military category.

The The Poseidon Initiative is currently ranked at #12,190, but that understandable, as it's been out longer. It's also #89 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military. On Amazon UK, it's #9,413 and #40 in the Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military category.

(For some reason, the series is a bigger hit in the UK than the US. I don't know why....)

How do I feel? GREAT! In the Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military category, for a little while, the book I helped write was rubbing shoulders with authors like Tom Clancy (#4), Brad Thor (#15), Dale Brown (#37, #54), Larry Bond (#39), and Clive Cussler (#83) .

So, it is time to kick back and enjoy the feeling? Yes, for about five minutes. Then it's back to work on Red Ice and other writing projects. I just have to outline the final battle for Red Ice, then I'll send it to Rick Chesler and see what he thinks of it.

For those who bought it, I thank you, and I truly hope you enjoyed the ride. I hope you let other people know about it, and you leave a review on the website you bought it from.

Back to writing!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment