Sunday, November 29, 2015

NaWriNoMo Bust and Future Plans


As the title says, this year's NaWriNoMo is a bust.

I couldn't get the writing traction I needed to write those 50,000 words. I went in with only a half-formed story idea, one or two sentences for the first dozen chapters, and little else. It's not the story idea was bad --- it's just I didn't do enough groundwork before NaWriNoMo to make it a successful month, and that's my fault. I also had a couple of days when I didn't feel well enough to write, so that was an additional hurdle in my way.

Still, it wasn't a total bust -- I did writing 31K worth of words and I did work out a nice chunk of the story's background. But that should have been done beforehand. I need to let it marinate a little more, but I think I can go back in a couple of months and do the groundwork and resurrect the novel. If I have my say, the novel, Operation Skyfire will see the light of day sometime in the future.

So, now what?

Now, it's back to plotting The Assassin Prince, and writing short stories. I need to firm up the background of the novel, make sure the story holds together at the outline stage and maybe expand the chapter details out a little more. As for the short stories, I have several I need to revise, plus another I just started, so I can relieve my writing itch with them while I work on The Assassin Prince. I'm aiming to have the outline finished by the end of the year. 

Still, I haven't forgotten about the two Outcast Ops novels I co-wrote. Red Ice has been ding well, staying above the 100,000 rank level, and has a couple of reviews --- 5/5 Stars. African Firestorm has been bouncing up and down, but it has a reviewer's rating of 4.7/5 Stars. So, while they're not megahits, I am happy that people like the novels.

African Firestorm is on Amazon and is part of the Kindle Direct program. African Firestorm on Amazon! For those over the pond in the UK, click here! If you want to read Red Ice, it is here: Outcast Ops: Red Ice on Amazon!. and for those in the UK, It's here!

That's all for now -- back to writing!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment