Monday, January 6, 2014

Looking ahead at 2014 — Writing Resolutions

Well, 2013 could have gone better.....

On the plus side, I did complete the NaWriNoMo for the second year in a row. But everything else....

My writing goals for 2013 fell apart around the beginning to middle of April. It was about then that I realized that my goals were unrealistic. So, let’s rethink this....

Instead of concentrating on the word count, I’m going to concentrate on real results: the number of stories I actually write. My goals for this year, 2014 are:

  • Six stories based in the Battletech Universe, for the Battlecorps website.
  • Six original short stories.
  • Complete the first draft of two novels.

It sounds ambitious, but looking at the number of half completed short stories and novels, it’s not a matter of starting stores, it’s a matter of finishing them. I have in excess of twenty-five short stories that haven’t been finished, and three novels that each have more than 50,000 words written. I have to start finishing these stories, and see if anyone will read them.

In addition, I need to keep blogging, because I sucked last year in keeping this or my other blog updated. I actually have two blogs, this one and The Battletech State (TBS). This is for my original writing, while TBS will be about the Battletech universe and my writing in it. I want to post two entries on each blog a week, Monday and Thursdays for this blog, and Tuesdays and Fridays for TBS. That means I have to do a lot of writing about both subjects.

Isn’t this fun?

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment