Friday, May 23, 2014

Bad Week Continues

The family member's incapacitation is still the main focus of the family's time, including mine. It's not an easy time or a simple responsibility, but it has to be done and it will be done, just not quickly or easily.

The result is my writing has been disrupted on a scale I'm not use to experiencing. My writing time right now is before I go to bed, after having to deal with the stress of the situation my family finds itself in. It's not easy to focus on the writing, but I have to, because it is the one time of the day I get to think about something else beside the real-life problem that has been dropped on us. It is the one time of the day I feel like I have control over something, even is it's just words on a page.

Right now, any words I put on a page, right or wrong, are small victories. For a few minutes I can forget about the real-world problems, and put myself somewhere else where I decide who does what and why. I'm still inching along on everything, slowly and grudgingly, but it's a life preserver of sanity in a world of insanity, so if you'll excuse me, i need to go hang onto it for a while....

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment