Monday, June 1, 2015

Writing Red Ice: Days Thirteen through Twenty-Three



I realize that going ten days without a post is not a good thing, but I've been bouncing around between writing projects a bit, handling a couple of family matters, and making a suggestion to the gaming company I freelance for.

But I still managed to get over 4500 words down, complete two more chapters and well into Chapter 8. I also had to do some shifting around of scenes; Chapter 6 was to follow one group of characters, while Chapter 7 was supposed to follow another group of characters. Bu as I was writing those chapters, one scene went in a different direction than I intended, so I had to pull back and alter the scene from what was in the outline. And halfway through Chapter 6, I realized that if I took a scene from Chapter 7 and put it into Chapter 6, I had a cliffhanger to lead into Chapter 7.

So, close to a quarter through Red Ice's first draft and it's going to plan. I can't ask for anything more than that.....

Done: Prologue, Chapter 1-7, 60% of Chapter 8
Words Written the last ten days: 4,570
Total Word Count: 15,590 (23.98% of 65,000 words)
Average Words Written per day: 678/day

Later!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment